- 1 (15 oz) can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 small jar of roasted red peppers, drained and cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1/3 cup celery, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small shallot minced
- 2-3 tbs olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- celery leaves for garnish
This is delicious and easy way to make plain white beans exciting. They can be served over white rice or polenta.
- In a frying pan add olive oil and using medium high heat add the garlic, shallot and chopped celery.
- Cook stirring frequently for about 3 minutes. Reduce the heat if the garlic starts to brown too quickly.
- Add the drained beans along with the red peppers and stir to mix.
- Add about 1/3 cup of water and simmer for about 3-4 minutes.
- Using a fork smash some of the beans to thicken the sauce slightly.
- Serve over rice or polenta and garnish with celery leaves.