Wolfgang Puck’s 10 Day Fermented Hot Sauce
|1 cup Fresno chilies|
|1/2 cup Thai bird chilies|
|2 cups rice vinegar|
|4 garlic cloves|
|2 tsp kosher salt|
|3 tbs sugar|
This is a version of hot sauce that is fermented for 10 days which helps it to develop deep wonderful flavor.
- Place all ingredients, except sugar in a jar or sanitized container.
- Allow to ferment for 10 days.
- Place all ingredients in a medium saucepan, including the sugar.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Strain reserving vinegar, then puree on high speed in a blender or food processor until liquefied.
- Pass through a wire mesh strainer to remove any tough bits.
- Sauce will keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.