Buttermilk Fudge Drops
|1 cup buttermilk|
|1 tsp baking soda|
|2 cups sugar|
|1/2 cup butter|
|2 tbs white corn syrup|
|1/8 tsp cream of tartar|
|1 cup chopped pecans|
|1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract|
These delicious fudge drops are super sweet and made with buttermilk, sugar, corn syrup, pecans and vanilla extract. They are super addictive.
- In a small bowl, combine the buttermilk and baking soda.
- Let stand for 1 minute.
- In a medium pan, combine the sugar, butter, corn syrup, cream of tartar and the buttermilk mixture.
- Cook to soft-ball stage (230-240) degrees on a candy thermometer, over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. A flexible spatula will work well.
- It will take about 12 minutes for the mixture to reach the correct temperature.
- Remove from the heat and beat with a mixer for 1 minute, and then beat in the pecans and vanilla.
- It should be hot, but not too hot to handle.
- Keep stirring with a spoon as it cools a bit more.
- Spoon the mixture by spoonfuls onto waxed paper to form the drops and let it cool.
- They will harden as they cool,