- 1 (16 oz) can chick peas, drained
- 2 tbs tahini
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 3 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 tsp ground cumin
This classic hummus recipe is enlivened with chipotle peppers.
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth.
- If the consistency is too thick add a bit more olive oil and process again.
- Serve with pita bread, pita chips, crackers, carrots or other vegetables.
- It is also great for a sandwich spread.