- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup cream style corn
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/4 stick butter
- 4 tbs vegetable oil
These corn fritters are crispy on the outside and creamy on the inside.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except for the butter and oil for frying. Mix well.
- In a large skillet melt about 1/4 stick of butter and 4 tbs of vegetable oil.
- Drop the batter by the tablespoonful into the oil.
- When bubbles appear on the top, turn and brown on the other side.
- Serve hot.