- 1/2 lb pasta of your choice, cooked to package directions
- 1 lb lump crab meat
- 1/4 lb fresh mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 large white onion, chopped
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (15 oz) can tomatoes, with juice
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/4 lb fresh Parmesan cheese, grated, plus extra for topping
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 8-10 green olives, stuffed with pimento
This is an unusual spaghetti dish that marries lump crab meat in a savory tomato sauce along with fresh mushrooms olives and Parmesan cheese.
- Cook the spaghetti according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet add the olive oil and using medium high heat add the onion, garlic and saute for several minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and saute for another minute.
- Add the canned tomatoes and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the cooked spaghetti along with the Parmesan, sour cream, green olives and crab meat.
- Combine gently so as not to break up the lump in the crab meat
- Transfer the mixture to a glass casserole dish and bake covered in a preheated oven for about 20 minutes, then uncover and sprinkle a little more Parmesan cheese over the top and bake for another 10-15 minutes.