Crab Pasta with Mushrooms and Olives
|1/2 lb pasta of your choice, cooked to package directions|
|1 lb lump crab meat|
|1/4 lb fresh mushrooms sliced|
|1/2 large white onion, chopped|
|3 tbs olive oil|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|1 (15 oz) can tomatoes, with juice|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|1/4 lb fresh Parmesan cheese, grated, plus extra for topping|
|1/2 cup sour cream|
|8-10 green olives, stuffed with pimento|
This is an unusual spaghetti dish that marries lump crab meat in a savory tomato sauce along with fresh mushrooms olives and Parmesan cheese.
- Cook the spaghetti according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet add the olive oil and using medium high heat add the onion, garlic and saute for several minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and saute for another minute.
- Add the canned tomatoes and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the cooked spaghetti along with the Parmesan, sour cream, green olives and crab meat.
- Combine gently so as not to break up the lump in the crab meat
- Transfer the mixture to a glass casserole dish and bake covered in a preheated oven for about 20 minutes, then uncover and sprinkle a little more Parmesan cheese over the top and bake for another 10-15 minutes.