- 6 garlic cloves
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 tbs fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbs Dijon mustard
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
This sauce is wonderful drizzled over roasted or grilled meat, chicken or fish and cooked or raw vegetables.
- In a blender or food processor, add the garlic, egg yolks, lemon juice, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Process until smooth. With the food processor or blender running slowly pour in the olive oil in a thin stream.
- Add the basil and pulse until the basil is coarsely chopped.