- 1 lb cracked green olives, seedless
- 1/2 lb black oil cured olives
- 10 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 tbs oregano
- 3 small hot red chilies, chopped
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
This is a delicious olive appetizer flavored with garlic, lemon juice, oregano, thyme, bay leaf and hot chilies.
- Add all ingredients to a non-reactive bowl and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 5 days, stirring once per day before serving.
- The olives will keep for up to 6 months refrigerated.