|2 sticks butter, softened|
|3/4 cup sugar|
|3/4 cup packed brown sugar|
|1 egg, plus 1 egg yolk|
|1 tsp pure vanilla extract|
|1/2 tsp baking soda|
|3 cups flour, divided|
|1 tsp ground cinnamon|
|1 cup chopped pecans|
These are delicious old fashioned cookies made with butter, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, brown sugar and chopped pecans.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugars.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the baking soda, 1 and 1/2 cups of he flour and the cinnamon.
- Add to the butter mixture and mix well.
- Gradually add the remaining flour and mix.
- Fold in the pecans.
- Roll the mixture into logs and wrap in waxed paper.
- Since the dough will be a little crumbly, it is easier to make a number of short logs as opposed to a few long ones.
- Wrap in foil or plastic and place in the refrigerator for 4 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove one log a time from the refrigerator, then slice and place on cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, depending on how thick you cut the dough.
- Repeat with the remaining logs.