- 24 little neck clams
- 2 ribs celery hearts, sliced thinly on a bias
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 small jar roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- 2 tbs minced black olives
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbs fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbs fresh lemon juice
- 2-3 tbs cooking liquid
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 4 butter lettuce cups for serving
Little neck clams are very sweet, tender and absolutely delicious. Here is an idea for a wonderful salad.
- Add clams to a large pot along with about 1/2 cup of water.
- Cover pot and bring to a boil and cook for about 3 minutes or until all the clams have opened. Discard any clams that do not open.
- Remove the clams from the pan and remove them from their shells. Reserve about 2-3 tbs of the cooking liquid.
- Add the clams to a large glass or ceramic bowl along with all of the reserved cooking liquid and all of the other ingredients and mix well. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight, stirring occasionally.
- To serve divide the clam salad evenly among 4 butter lettuce cups.