Marinated Vegetable Medley Salad
|1 (14 oz) artichoke hearts, drained and halved|
|2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges|
|1 green, yellow or orange bell pepper, cut into chunks|
|1 cup fresh mushrooms, quartered|
|1 cup sliced celery|
|1 cup pitted black olives, drained and sliced|
|For the dressing|
|2/3 cup white vinegar|
|2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil|
|1/4 cup chopped red onion|
|3 garlic cloves, minced|
|2 tsp sugar|
|1 tsp dried basil|
|1 tsp dried oregano|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
This salad combines a flavorful marinade with artichoke hearts, tomatoes, bell pepper, mushrooms, celery and black olives.
- In a large sauce pan, combine all the marinade ingredients.
- Simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients.
- Add the warm marinade to the vegetable mixture and stir to coat the vegetables.
- Cover and chill for several hours or overnight, stirring occasionally.
- Drain marinade before serving.