Middle Eastern White Bean Salad
|1 lb dry white beans|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil|
|3 tbs lemon juice|
|5 garlic cloves, minced|
|1/3 cup fresh parsley, minced|
|1/4 cup snipped chives|
|2 tbs fresh mint, chopped|
|1 large ripe tomato, seeded and diced|
|butter lettuce cups for serving|
|lemon wedges for serving|
This is a super healthy salad packed with the middle eastern flavors of olive oil, garlic, parsley, mint and lemon juice.
- Soak the beans overnight, drain then cover them with about an inch of fresh water.
- Cook the beans until they are firm, but tender, about 50 minutes. Add more water if necessary.
- Drain the beans and add to a bowl.
- In another small bowl combine the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, parsley, chives and mint. Season with salt and pepper and mi well.
- Add the tomato to the beans and pour the dressing over and gently mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate the beans for at least 1 hour before serving.
- To serve, spoon some of the bean mixture into lettuce cups and garnish with lemon wedges.