|3/4 cup butter, softened|
|1 cup sugar|
|1/4 cup molasses|
|1 tsp baking soda|
|1/4 tsp salt|
|1 tsp cinnamon|
|1 tsp ground cloves|
|1 tsp powdered ginger|
|2 cups flour|
|1/3 cup extra sugar for rolling|
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the butter, sugar, molasses, egg, baking soda, salt, spices and flour. Mix well.
- Form mixture into 1 inch balls and roll in the extra sugar.
- Place widely apart on lightly greased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
- For a chewy cookie, bake the minimum time, for crispy bake at the maximum time.