- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp powdered ginger
- 2 cups flour
- 1/3 cup extra sugar for rolling
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the butter, sugar, molasses, egg, baking soda, salt, spices and flour. Mix well.
- Form mixture into 1 inch balls and roll in the extra sugar.
- Place widely apart on lightly greased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
- For a chewy cookie, bake the minimum time, for crispy bake at the maximum time.