- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed if frozen
- 1 whole cinnamon stick
- 1 small can of mandarin oranges with juice
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
This is a delicious “sauce” that goes well with poultry or pork. It is flavored with brown sugar, vanilla, brown sugar, citrus and cinnamon.
- Add all ingredients to a deep sauce pan and using medium high heat bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and using a medium spoon, slightly crush the cranberries.
- Cook for 30-40 minutes until a syrupy consistency forms.
- Allow to cool, remove the cinnamon stick and serve over meats.