Pan Seared Oven Roasted Veal Chops
|2 veal chops, about 1 inch thick|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|1 tbs unsalted butter|
|2 tbs olive oil|
|2 sprigs fresh thyme|
|2 spring fresh rosemary|
|1/4 cup white wine|
|1/4 cup chicken stock|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
These succulent veal chops are first pan seared with butter, olive oil and herbs, roasted in the oven and the pan is deglazed with a little chicken stock and white wine to make a delicious sauce.
- Add the butter and olive oil to a cast large cast iron skillet.
- Using medium high heat add the veal chops along with the garlic, rosemary and thyme.
- Saute for about 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Remove pan from heat and and place in a preheated 375 degree oven and cook for about 15 minutes or until slightly pink in the middle.
- Remove pan from the oven and place the veal chops on a plate to rest.
- Place the pan on the stove over medium heat and add the chicken stock, white wine and reduce by half, then add a little more butter and whisk to make a creamy sauce.
- Pour the sauce over the chops and serve.