- 2 veal chops, about 1 inch thick
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbs unsalted butter
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 spring fresh rosemary
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
These succulent veal chops are first pan seared with butter, olive oil and herbs, roasted in the oven and the pan is deglazed with a little chicken stock and white wine to make a delicious sauce.
- Add the butter and olive oil to a cast large cast iron skillet.
- Using medium high heat add the veal chops along with the garlic, rosemary and thyme.
- Saute for about 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Remove pan from heat and and place in a preheated 375 degree oven and cook for about 15 minutes or until slightly pink in the middle.
- Remove pan from the oven and place the veal chops on a plate to rest.
- Place the pan on the stove over medium heat and add the chicken stock, white wine and reduce by half, then add a little more butter and whisk to make a creamy sauce.
- Pour the sauce over the chops and serve.