- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups raw shelled peanuts
- kosher salt to taste
These peanuts are spiced with chili powder, cayenne pepper and sugar. They are quite addictive.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove the peanuts from the shells.
- Combine the water chili powder and cayenne pepper and pour into a heavy skillet.
- Add the peanuts and sugar and mix well.
- Cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly until all the water is absorbed and the nuts are dry and coated with sugar. About 10-20 minutes.
- Do not leave them alone or they will burn.
- Sprinkle with salt, then transfer to a foil lined baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes, stirring halfway through baking.
- Let cool and store in an airtight container.