- 1 and 1/2 lbs spinach, washed and tough stems removed
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 2 eggs beaten
- 3/4 lb ricotta cheese
- 3/4 lb fresh Parmesan cheese, shredded
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 frozen pie crust
This is a wonderful spinach pie with Parmesan and Ricotta. It is super simple and easy to prepare. Guaranteed to please.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Thaw the pie crust and following package directions bake for about 10 minutes at 350. You may also make you own fresh pie crust.
- Clean and stem the spinach, then steam over boiling water until wilted. About 7 minutes.
- Remove the spinach from the steamer,allow to cool slightly then roughly chop.
- Add the chopped spinach to a bowl, season with salt, pepper and nutmeg, eggs, onion, then add the cheeses and mix well.
- Add the mixture to the pie shell then bake for about 25-30 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly before slicing.