Spinach and Mushroom Fettuccine
|3/4 lb fettuccine|
|6 slices bacon, cut into 2 inch pieces|
|1 medium onion, chopped|
|1/2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|1/2 lb cream cheese, cut into small pieces|
|1/2 cup milk|
|1 (10 oz) bag baby spinach|
|1 small tomato, diced|
|1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated|
This is a rich and creamy fettuccine with bacon, garlic, mushrooms and spinach.
- Cook the fettuccine according to package directions.
- Meanwhile fry the bacon in a large nonstick skillet until crisp. Drain on paper towels and set aside.
- Drain all but 1 tbs of drippings out of the skillet.
- Add the onion, mushrooms and saute over medium high heat, stirring often, until the onions are slightly browned and the mushrooms are tender.
- Reduce the heat to medium, add the garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the spinach and cook just until wilted and any liquid has cooked off.
- Reduce heat to medium low and add the cream cheese and milk and continue stirring until the cream cheese has melted.
- Add the cooked pasta and bacon and heat until warmed through.
- sprinkle with diced tomato and Parmesan just before serving.
- Add additional milk to the sauce to thin the sauce if desired.