Stuffed Potatoes with Spinach and Parmesan
|2 large baking potatoes|
|1 small bunch spinach, stems removed and chopped|
|1/2 small red onion, diced|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|2 tbs extra virgin olive oil|
|1/2 cup cottage cheese|
|1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|extra Parmesan for garnish|
These creamy potatoes are stuffed with spinach, Parmesan cheese, garlic, cottage cheese and red onion.
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 1 hour.
- Scoop out insides of the potatoes carefully, leaving skin intact
- Set the skins aside and mash the potatoes well.
- In a saute pan add the olive oil and using medium heat saute the onion, garlic and spinach for about 3 minutes or until the onions are softened and the spinach has wilted.
- Add the cottage cheese and Parmesan to a food processor and process until very smooth.
- Add the potatoes and sauteed spinach mixture to the processor and pulse to combine. Mixture should be coarsely chopped not pureed.
- Spoon the mixture equally into the potato skins.
- Return to the oven and reheated for 30 minutes before eating.