Barbecued Striped Bass
|2 lbs striped sea bass steaks|
|1/2 cup olive oil|
|1/2 cup sesame seeds|
|1/3 cup cognac or brandy|
|1/3 cup lemon juice|
|3 tbs soy sauce|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|2 garlic cloves, minced|
|Fresh parsley for garnish|
- Cut the steaks to about 2 inches in thickness, then place into a shallow baking dish.
- Combine the remaining ingredients, then pour source over fish and let stand for 30 minutes, turning once.
- Remove the fish and reserve the sauce for basting.
- Place the fish in a well greased, hinged wire grills.
- cook about four inches from moderately hot coals for 8 minutes.
- Baste with sauce, then turn and cook for seven to 10 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily.