Barbecued Striped Bass
- 2 lbs striped sea bass steaks
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 1/3 cup cognac or brandy
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 3 tbs soy sauce
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- Cut the steaks to about 2 inches in thickness, then place into a shallow baking dish.
- Combine the remaining ingredients, then pour source over fish and let stand for 30 minutes, turning once.
- Remove the fish and reserve the sauce for basting.
- Place the fish in a well greased, hinged wire grills.
- cook about four inches from moderately hot coals for 8 minutes.
- Baste with sauce, then turn and cook for seven to 10 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily.