Bean and Corn Salsa
- 2 (14.5) cans diced tomatoes, or 2 lbs fresh tomatoes, diced and drained
- juice of 3 limes
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive, more if desired
- 1 (11 oz) can of shoepeg corn, drained
- 2/3 cup chopped cilantro (remember that the steams are where the most flavor is)
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 lb frozen endamame, shelled
- 1 cup, red onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced or pressed
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 tsp cumin
This is an easy to make salsa that can be used with tortilla chips, or as a topping for grilled chicken, pork chops or fish.
- Add all ingredients to a large non metal bowl and combine well.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
- Stir 2-3 times while marinating.