Citrus Barbecued Swordfish
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 inch piece of ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 6 swordfish steaks, about 6 oz each, cut 1 inch thick
- Prepare a hot charcoal fire.
- Combine juices, olive oil, salt, ginger, garlic and cayenne, in a large non aluminum pan and whisk until well blended.
- Marinate swordfish at room temperature, turning several times.
- Place the fish on an oiled cooking grid set four to six inches above the coals.
- Grill turning once and brushing with the marinade, until fish is just opaque in the center, about 10 minutes.
- Halibut or tuna may be substituted for swordfish.