Citrus Barbecued Swordfish
|1/2 cup orange juice|
|1/4 cup lemon juice|
|1 tbs olive oil|
|2 tsp kosher salt|
|2 inch piece of ginger, peeled and minced|
|1 large garlic clove, minced|
|1/2 tsp cayenne pepper|
|6 swordfish steaks, about 6 oz each, cut 1 inch thick|
- Prepare a hot charcoal fire.
- Combine juices, olive oil, salt, ginger, garlic and cayenne, in a large non aluminum pan and whisk until well blended.
- Marinate swordfish at room temperature, turning several times.
- Place the fish on an oiled cooking grid set four to six inches above the coals.
- Grill turning once and brushing with the marinade, until fish is just opaque in the center, about 10 minutes.
- Halibut or tuna may be substituted for swordfish.