- 6 medium to large carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 2 tbs flour
- 2 tbs butter
- 1 cup cream
- parsley sprigs for garnish
This is a delicious soup that can served hot or cold.
- Add the broth to a large sauce pan and add the carrots onions and bay leaf.
- Simmer for 45 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaf, then add the vegetables and broth to a food processor and puree until smooth.
- Heat butter in a large sauce pan, then stir in the flour.
- When blended, remove from heat and slowly stir in the carrot puree.
- Bring to a boil again, stirring constantly for about 3 minutes.
- Add the cream to the soup, but do not boil.
- Serve hot or cold garnished with parsley.