Creamy Carrot Soup
|6 medium to large carrots, thinly sliced|
|1 medium onion, chopped|
|1 bay leaf|
|3 cups chicken stock|
|2 tbs flour|
|2 tbs butter|
|1 cup cream|
|parsley sprigs for garnish|
This is a delicious soup that can served hot or cold.
- Add the broth to a large sauce pan and add the carrots onions and bay leaf.
- Simmer for 45 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaf, then add the vegetables and broth to a food processor and puree until smooth.
- Heat butter in a large sauce pan, then stir in the flour.
- When blended, remove from heat and slowly stir in the carrot puree.
- Bring to a boil again, stirring constantly for about 3 minutes.
- Add the cream to the soup, but do not boil.
- Serve hot or cold garnished with parsley.