- 18 hard boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 1 and 1/4 cups mayonnaise
- 1/8 cup mustard of your choice
- 1 and 1/2 cups celery, finely minced
- 20 slices of bread of your choice
- 4 tsp sweet or hot curry powder
- 1/3 cup toasted sesame seeds (toast at 325 for 8 minutes)
- 1/3 cup toasted sunflower seeds (toast at 325 for 8 minutes)
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- butter lettuce for serving
This is an interesting egg salad that is flavored with curry powder, celery, mustard, toasted sesame seeds and toasted sunflower seeds.
- Place the chopped eggs in a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, combine the mayonnaise, celery, mustard curry powder, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Fold the curry dressing gently into the eggs.
- You may serve the salad in butter lettuce cups or you may make sandwiches.
- Whichever choice you make sprinkle the salad with sesame and sunflower seeds.