- 1 loaf of French or Italian bread, cut in half lengthwise
- 8 tbs unsalted butter, softened
- 4-6 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 3-4 tsp dried oregano
- dash of kosher salt and black pepper to taste
This is an easy to make garlic bread that uses garlic, butter and herbs. If desired you may substitute the butter with extra virgin olive oil.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the bread in half.
- Mash the garlic along with the butter, Parmesan and herbs, then season with a little salt and pepper.
- Spread each half of the bread evenly with the butter garlic and cheese mixture, then wrap each half tightly in foil.
- Bake for 20 minutes.