- 6-8 garlic cloves
- 1 cup commercial premium mayonnaise
- 3 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tsp fresh lemon juice or to taste
This is a quick and easy garlic mayonnaise that goes well with cold mussels, scallops, shrimp, grilled meats, poultry, fish and roasted vegetables.
- Slice the garlic thinly, then reduce it to a paste using a mortar and pestle or garlic press, then whisk it into the mayonnaise.
- Add the olive oil in a thin stream while whisking .
- Finally whisk in the lemon juice and taste for seasoning and adjust if desired.