Easy Spaghetti Meat Sauce
|3 tbs olive oil|
|1 large onion, finely minced|
|2 carrots, peeled and diced|
|4 garlic cloves, finely minced|
|1 lb lean ground chuck|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes|
|2 tbs fresh basil, chopped|
|1 tbs dried oregano|
|1 (28 oz) can of crushed tomatoes|
This is a delicious tomato based meat sauce that you can make in less than 30 minutes.
- Heat oil over medium heat, then add the onion, carrot and garlic. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently until softened.
- Add the ground beef and cook until browned.
- Drain well, then add the spices, stir and cook for another minute.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust if desired.
- Serve over you favorite pasta.