Loaded Potato Soup
- 12 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into small chunks
- 8 ribs celery, with leaves, thinly sliced
- 5 large carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 2 cups sharp white cheddar cheese
- 2 cups milk, more if desired
- 2 tsp tarragon
- 1 tsp celery seed
- 2 tsp basil
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
This soup is loaded with potatoes, onions, celery, carrots, cheese and spices.
- In a large pot combine the potatoes, celery, carrots, onions, garlic and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil until the potatoes are tender, but not mushy, about 30 minutes.
- Scoop out and discard the water until just below the veggies.
- Mash a little but leave chunks.
- Add the butter and cheese and stir until melted.
- Add the milk and spices. If you like it soupy add more milk.
- Continue to simmer, stirring often for another 15 minutes.
- Taste for seasoning, adjust if desired then serve.