Loaded Potato Soup
|12 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into small chunks|
|8 ribs celery, with leaves, thinly sliced|
|5 large carrots, peeled and sliced|
|2 medium onions, chopped|
|4 garlic cloves, minced|
|2 sticks unsalted butter|
|2 cups sharp white cheddar cheese|
|2 cups milk, more if desired|
|2 tsp tarragon|
|1 tsp celery seed|
|2 tsp basil|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
This soup is loaded with potatoes, onions, celery, carrots, cheese and spices.
- In a large pot combine the potatoes, celery, carrots, onions, garlic and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil until the potatoes are tender, but not mushy, about 30 minutes.
- Scoop out and discard the water until just below the veggies.
- Mash a little but leave chunks.
- Add the butter and cheese and stir until melted.
- Add the milk and spices. If you like it soupy add more milk.
- Continue to simmer, stirring often for another 15 minutes.
- Taste for seasoning, adjust if desired then serve.