Pear and Craisin Salad
|1/2 cup walnuts or pecans, sliced|
|2 tbs cinnamon sugar|
|10 cups assorted greens, chopped|
|4 pears, cored, and sliced or cubed, not peeled|
|1/4 lb blue cheese, crumbled|
|2 cups craisins|
This salad is full of wonderful flavors of pears, craisins, walnuts, cinnamon sugar and blue cheese.
- Put the nuts in a skillet and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- In a non stick pan cook over medium high heat, stirring constantly, until the sugar starts seeping and melting into a liquid which will coat the nuts.
- When they look coated remove from the heat, then place the nuts on a plate and let cool.
- While the nuts cool, combine the greens, pears, blue cheese and craisins in a serving bowl and toss to combine.
- Sprinkle with the nuts, toss again and serve with your favorite dressing.