Roasted Stuffed Striped Bass
|1 whole striped bass, 6-8 lbs|
|1/4 cup olive oil|
|juice of 2 lemons|
|basil, rosemary, thyme to taste|
|red pepper flakes, optional|
|For the Stuffing:|
|1 and 1/2 cups scallops|
|1 dozen oysters|
|1 dozen clams|
|1 and 1/2 cups crab meat|
|2 cloves garlic|
|3 egg whites|
|1 cup bread crumbs|
|1 tbs Dijon mustard|
|2 tbs brandy|
This is a wonderful striped bass dish stuffed with scallops oysters, clams and crab meat.
- The most tricky part of this dish is removing the skeleton from the uncooked fish, which you do by cutting from the top.
- First, slit the fish along the backbone, then cut ad separate the two fillets from the spine.
- Snip the backbone and remove the skeleton.
- Next, cut open the stomach from the top and remove the innards.
- To make the stuffing dice the shell fish.
- Saute the shallot and garlic, then add the shellfish.
- Combine the stuffing mixture a large bowl with egg whites, bread crumbs, mustard and brandy.
- Stuff the bass and sprinkle with olive oil and lemon juice.
- Add the remaining spices and lemon juice to the roasting pan.
- Roast in a pre-heated oven for about 1 hour.