Scallop Appetizer with Lemon Butter Reduction Sauce
|12 large sea scallops|
|2 sticks unsalted butter|
|2 tbs olive oil|
|12 endive leaves, optional|
|Fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped, for garnish|
|1/3 cup lemon juice|
|zest of 2 lemons for garnish|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|1/4 cup capers|
|1/4 cups quartered radishes|
This is an easy appetizer that is guaranteed to bring smiles to your guest’s.
- Add the butter and lemon juice to a sauce pan and using medium heat start the reduction.
- When the butter begins to froth reduce the heat to to low and allow to reduce by half.
- In a frying pan add the olive oil and using high heat sear the scallops in batches. After adding the scallops to the pan do not move so that a brown crust forms.
- Once the crust has formed on the bottom, turn the scallops and cook for 1-2 minutes more.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove the scallops from the pan and set aside.
- Add the radishes and capers to the same pan and saute for about 2 minutes.
- Option 1: To make the appetizers add 1 scallop to the center of an endive leaf, drizzle with some of the lemon butter reduction and garnish with some parsley and lemon zest.
- Option 2 : You may arrange scallops on individual plates and garnish with parsley, capers and radishes.