Spicy Grilled Shrimp
- 2 lbs medium shrimp
- 6-8 large garlic cloves
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- red pepper flakes to taste
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley for garnish
These shrimp are very flavorful, seasoned with garlic, olive oil, lemon juice and red pepper flakes.
- Shell and devein the shrimp.
- Mince the garlic.
- Place the shrimp in a shallow dish just large enough to hold them in one layer, then toss them with the garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
- Let the shrimp marinate in the mixture for several hours covered in the refrigerator.
- Remove the shrimp from the refrigerator 30 minutes before cooking.
- If you are grilling the shrimp over charcoal, have the coals medium hot and cook shrimp for about 1:30 on each side.
- You may also cook them under a broiler for 1:30 each side.
- Garnish with fresh parsley.