- 1 (15 oz) can San Marzano tomatoes
- 1 pint of fresh strawberries
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp crushed chili flakes
- pinch of sugar
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- big splash of extra virgin olive oil
This is an unusual but totally delicious pasta sauce. It uses fresh strawberries and San Marzano Tomatoes.
- Add the tomatoes and strawberries in a sauce pan and cook over medium low heat for about 30 minutes, until reduced a little.
- Add salt, chili flake a pinch of sugar and a big splash of olive oil.
- Blend slightly with an immersion blender and finish with black pepper.
- Serve over spaghetti.