Cantonese Barbecued Shrimp
|2 lbs large shrimp|
|4 thin slices of preserved ginger|
|2 tsp ginger syrup|
|6 scallions, minced|
|1/4 cup dry white wine|
|3 tbs soy sauce|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|3 tbs sugar|
|2 tbs vegetable oil|
|2 garlic cloves, minced|
- Shell and devein the shrimp, leaving the tails intact.
- Mix remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add the shrimp and marinate for at least 2 hours.
- Place shrimp on oiled skewers and grill above hot charcoal for about 4-5 minutes, turning once.
- Brush several times with marinade and serve hot.