Cantonese Barbecued Shrimp
- 2 lbs large shrimp
- 4 thin slices of preserved ginger
- 2 tsp ginger syrup
- 6 scallions, minced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 3 tbs soy sauce
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 3 tbs sugar
- 2 tbs vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Shell and devein the shrimp, leaving the tails intact.
- Mix remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add the shrimp and marinate for at least 2 hours.
- Place shrimp on oiled skewers and grill above hot charcoal for about 4-5 minutes, turning once.
- Brush several times with marinade and serve hot.