Charcoal Foil Baked Apples
|4 medium apples, left whole, cored|
|1/2 cup brown sugar|
|2 tbs butter|
|ground cinnamon for garnish|
These are delicious apples grilled over charcoal and filled with butter, brown sugar and raisins.
- Cut about one inch from the top of each apple.
- Using an apple corer, core the apple, leaving the apple in tack.
- Stand each apple in a piece of heavy duty aluminum foil large enough to cover the individual apples completely.
- Fill each apple with the following, 1 to 2 tbs brown sugar, 1/2 tsp butter and a sprinkling of raisins.
- Bring corners of foil together on apples and spoon 1 and 1/2 tsp of water into each foil packet.
- With apples standing right side up, seal edges of foil securely.
- Place foil wrapped apples around edge of coals.
- Rotate apples two or three times during cooking, taking care to have apples standing right side up.
- Apples will take about 45 minutes to 1 hour to bake.
- Test by carefully unwrapping foil and piercing apples with a fork.
- When done, remove from foil packet and serve in a bowl with syrup remaining in packet.
- Add heavy cream if desired.
- Garnish with ground cinnamon.