Charcoal Grilled Stuffed Jalapenos Wrapped in Bacon
|16-20 large jalapeno peppers|
|8 oz cream cheese softened|
|1/4 lb tiny cooked shrimp, chopped|
|8-10 pieces of bacon, halved|
|2 tsp garlic powder|
|2 tsp onion powder|
These jalapenos are stuffed with a cream cheese shrimp mixture, wrapped in bacon and cooked over hot charcoal.
- In a frying cook the bacon, util it is 3 quarters done and still very pliable.
- In a bowl add the cream cheese, chopped shrimp, garlic powder, onion powder. Mix well.
- Cut the tops off of the jalapenos, then remove the seeds and ribs.
- Stuff each jalapeno with the cream cheese mixture, then wrap with a half slice of bacon, securing with a toothpick.
- Place the jalapenos in a grilling basket and place over hot charcoal and cook for about 7-8 minutes, turning half way through.