Chesapeake Bay Blue Crab Fondue
|1/2 lb cream cheese|
|1 and 1/2 cups Gruyere cheese, grated|
|1/2 cup milk|
|1/4 tsp lemon pepper|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|1/4 cup dry sherry|
|1 lb lump crab meat|
|french bread, cut into 1 and 1/2 inch cubes|
- In a fondue pot set over low heat, combine the cheeses, milk, lemon pepper, salt, pepper and sherry.
- Stir until blended and smooth.
- Add the crab meat and heat, stirring occasionally, for 5-8 minutes, or until bubbly.
- For serving, spear cubes of bread with fondue fork and swirl in a figure 8 motion.
- If fondue thickens on standing, stir in a little additional milk or sherry.
- Serves 8-10.