Grilled Barbecued Flank Steaks
|2 flank steaks (1 and 1/2 lb each)|
|1 cup chili sauce|
|1/2 cup red wine vinegar|
|1 cup red wine|
|2 tbs Worcestershire sauce|
|1 tsp onion powder|
|1 tsp garlic powder|
|2 tsp prepared mustard|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|1/4 cup vegetable oil|
- Combine all ingredients except for the steaks and mix well.
- Add the steaks to a large zip lock bag and pour the marinade over.
- Marinate overnight, turning occasionally.
- Remove steaks from marinade and reserve marinade.
- Grill steaks over hot charcoal for about 12 minutes per side, brushing with the marinade every 5 minutes.
- To serve, slice thinly across the grain.