Grilled Chicken with Sweet Tart Salsa
- 4 (6 oz) boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
- 2 limes, juiced, divided
- 2-3 tbs fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2-4 medium peaches, peeled pitted and diced
- 1 medium granny smith apple, peeled cored and diced
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp honey
- dash of kosher salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Place chicken in a large resealable bag.
- In a small bowl combine half the lime juice, garlic powder and pour over the chicken, seal bag and coat. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- For the salsa, in a medium bowl combine peaches, apple, allspice, cinnamon, honey and remaining juice. Season with a dash of salt and black pepper. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Coat grill rack with nonstick cooking spray, then preheat the grill to high (350-400) degrees.
- Remove the chicken from marinade and discard marinade.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place chicken on the grill and cook for 7-10 minutes per side or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- Transfer chicken to a large platter and top with salsa and sprinkle with fresh basil.