Grilled Pork Chops with Pineapple Slaw
|2 lbs loin pork chops (4, 1/2 lb each)|
|1 can (20 oz) crushed pineapple in juice|
|2 tbs sliced green onion|
|1/2 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
- Trim all fat from pork chops, then place in a shallow dish or plastic bag.
- Drain juice from pineapple ( you should have about 1 cup) and pour over the chops. Reserve the pineapple.
- Refrigerate the chops overnight, turning the meat occasionally.
- When ready to grill, remove pork chops from juice and discard juice.
- Season the chops with salt and pepper.
- Place the chops on a rack and grill over hot coals for 10 minutes, turning once until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- For slaw, combine the drained pineapple, onion and red pepper in a bowl.
- Refrigerate slaw overnight while chops are marinating or combine ingredients just before serving.