Grilled Spiced Salmon
- 2 lbs wild salmon filets
- For the Spice Rub:
- 2 tbs brown sugar
- 1 tbs chili powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard powder (Coleman's)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Check the salmon filets for any remaining pin bones, then place filets into a baking dish, skin side down.
- In a bowl, combine the spice rub ingredients and mix well.
- Rub the spice mixture evenly over the filets.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Remove from refrigerator and bring to room temperature.
- Place the filets in a barbecue basket over a hot charcoal fire, skin side up and cook for about 5-7 minutes.
- Turn over and cook for another 3-4 minutes or until the fish flakes easily.