- 1/2 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, chopped into small pieces
- 1/2 small onion, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- dash of red pepper flakes
- 2 tbs vegetable oil
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tbs sesame seeds
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced on the bias, white and green parts for garnish
- White rice and or lettuce cups for serving
This dish may be served over rice as well as inside lettuce wraps.
- Add oil to a large saute pan and using medium heat add the onion and garlic and saute until tender.
- Add the chicken and saute until browned and almost cooked through.
- Season with salt and pepper, then add the ketchup and honey.
- Reduce heat and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, add the sesame seeds.
- Garnish with the sliced scallions.
- Serve over rice or as wraps in lettuce cups.