Lemon Spiced Barbecued Chicken
- 2 broiler chickens, 2-3 lb each
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbs kosher salt
- 1 tbs black pepper
- 1 tbs paprika
- 3 tsp dried crushed basil
- 1 tbs garlic powder
- 1 tbs onion powder
- 1 tbs dried thyme
- Split chickens into haves or quarters.
- Place in a shallow baking pan.
- Combine all other ingredients in a jar and shake well to blend.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken, then cover and let marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before grilling.
- Grill chicken over hot coals while basting with the marinating sauce, turning several times.
- Cook for about 20 minutes or until the juices run clear.