Lemon Spiced Barbecued Chicken
|2 broiler chickens, 2-3 lb each|
|1 cup canola oil|
|1/2 cup fresh lemon juice|
|2 tbs kosher salt|
|1 tbs black pepper|
|1 tbs paprika|
|3 tsp dried crushed basil|
|1 tbs garlic powder|
|1 tbs onion powder|
|1 tbs dried thyme|
- Split chickens into haves or quarters.
- Place in a shallow baking pan.
- Combine all other ingredients in a jar and shake well to blend.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken, then cover and let marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before grilling.
- Grill chicken over hot coals while basting with the marinating sauce, turning several times.
- Cook for about 20 minutes or until the juices run clear.