London Broil with Roasted Cauliflower and Onions
|1 and 1/2 lb London broil top round steak, 3/4 inch thick|
|1/2 cup balsamic vinaigrette|
|4 cups cauliflower florets|
|1 large red onion, cut into 1/2 inch wedges|
|2 tsp olive oil, divided|
|1 tbs balsamic vinegar|
|1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded|
|2-3 tsp dried thyme|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
- Place the steak in a large resealable plastic bag and add the vinaigrette. Seal the bag and turning to coat.
- Refrigerate for 12 hours turning occasionally.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine cauliflower, onion and oil, then toss to coat.
- Spread the vegetables in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes, stirring once, then remove pan from oven.
- Drizzle vinegar on vegetables and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and return to the oven and bake for another 8-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, coat a large nonstick skillet or grill pan with non stick cooking spray and place over medium heat until hot.
- Remove steak from marinade. Discard marinade.
- Sprinkle steak with thyme and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place steak in a skillet and cook for 4-5 minutes per side for medium rare.
- Transfer steak to a platter and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Thinly slice the steak against the grain and serve with the roasted vegetables.