Maple Mustard Glazed Barbecued Ribs
- 4 lbs ribs
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 small onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 tbs vegetable oil
- 1/2-2/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 2 tbs water
- 1 tbs Dijon mustard
- Sprinkle ribs all over with salt and pepper.
- To make the glaze, in a sauce pan cook onion in oil until tender, then add in the syrup, vinegar,water, mustard a dash of salt and pepper and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Add a drip pan in the center of hot coals on the grill.
- Place the ribs on the grill and cook for about an hour or until the meat starts to pull away from the bone.
- During the last 20 minutes of cooking, brush the ribs occasionally with the glaze.