|1 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained|
|2 cups chicken or vegetable broth|
|2 tbs olive oil|
|1 medium onion, finely diced|
|1 small red bell pepper, finely diced|
|2 cloves garlic, diced or pressed|
|1/4 cup basil leaves|
|1 tsp fresh thyme|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
- In a medium sauce pan, bring the broth to a boil.
- Add the quinoa, reduce heat to medium and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until the liquid has been absorbed.
- Remove from heat, cover and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Fluff with fork and transfer to a large bowl.
- In a medium frying pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion, pepper and garlic and cook just until tender.
- Add the onion mixture, basil and thyme to the quinoa.
- Season with salt and pepper.