- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 1 small red bell pepper, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, diced or pressed
- 1/4 cup basil leaves
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- In a medium sauce pan, bring the broth to a boil.
- Add the quinoa, reduce heat to medium and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until the liquid has been absorbed.
- Remove from heat, cover and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Fluff with fork and transfer to a large bowl.
- In a medium frying pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion, pepper and garlic and cook just until tender.
- Add the onion mixture, basil and thyme to the quinoa.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serves 8-10.