Scallop and Shrimp Kabobs with Bacon
- 1/2 lb large scallops
- 1/2 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 (13 oz) can of pineapple chunks, drained
- 1/2 lb button mushrooms
- 2 medium green peppers, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 12 slices of bacon
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- Combine the soy sauce, olive oil, lemon juice. parsley, salt and pepper to taste and pour over the shrimp and scallops.
- Let stand for 30 minutes, turning once.
- Place the mushrooms. pineapple and pepper pieces into a mixing bowl.
- Fry bacon slowly until cooked, but not crisp, then cut each slice of bacon in half.
- Using long skewers alternate, scallops, shrimp, pineapple, mushrooms, pepper pieces and bacon until skewers are filled.
- Place kebabs over hot charcoal and cook for about 6 minutes, then turn and cook for and additional 4 minutes.