Scallop and Shrimp Kabobs with Bacon
|1/2 lb large scallops|
|1/2 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined|
|1 (13 oz) can of pineapple chunks, drained|
|1/2 lb button mushrooms|
|2 medium green peppers, cut into 2 inch pieces|
|1/4 cup soy sauce|
|1/4 cup olive oil|
|1/4 cup lemon juice|
|1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped|
|12 slices of bacon|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
- Combine the soy sauce, olive oil, lemon juice. parsley, salt and pepper to taste and pour over the shrimp and scallops.
- Let stand for 30 minutes, turning once.
- Place the mushrooms. pineapple and pepper pieces into a mixing bowl.
- Fry bacon slowly until cooked, but not crisp, then cut each slice of bacon in half.
- Using long skewers alternate, scallops, shrimp, pineapple, mushrooms, pepper pieces and bacon until skewers are filled.
- Place kebabs over hot charcoal and cook for about 6 minutes, then turn and cook for and additional 4 minutes.