Spicy Cilantro-Lime Marinated Eye Round Steak
|1 lb eye round steak|
|1 cup fresh cilantro|
|1 tbs olive oil|
|1/3 cup fresh lime juice|
|4 cloves garlic, chopped|
|2 scallions, chopped|
|1-2 Serrano chilies|
|1/2 tsp ground cumin|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
- In a food processor or blender, combine the cilantro, lime juice, olive oil, chili, cumin, garlic, chilies, scallions and blend until smooth.
- Taste for seasoning and season with a little salt and pepper if desired.
- Place steaks in a zip lock plastic bag and pour the marinade over.
- Place the bag and place in the refrigerator and marinate for about 4 hours, turning the bag over several times.
- Remove from the refrigerator about 1 hour before grilling.
- Add the remaining marinade to a small sauce pan and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer and cook for several minutes.
- Grill the steaks over hot coals until the temperature reaches 145 degrees for medium rare.
- Allow steaks to rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Drizzle the cooked marinade over the steaks or serve as a dipping sauce.