Spicy Cilantro-Lime Marinated Eye Round Steak
- 1 lb eye round steak
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1-2 Serrano chilies
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- In a food processor or blender, combine the cilantro, lime juice, olive oil, chili, cumin, garlic, chilies, scallions and blend until smooth.
- Taste for seasoning and season with a little salt and pepper if desired.
- Place steaks in a zip lock plastic bag and pour the marinade over.
- Place the bag and place in the refrigerator and marinate for about 4 hours, turning the bag over several times.
- Remove from the refrigerator about 1 hour before grilling.
- Add the remaining marinade to a small sauce pan and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer and cook for several minutes.
- Grill the steaks over hot coals until the temperature reaches 145 degrees for medium rare.
- Allow steaks to rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Drizzle the cooked marinade over the steaks or serve as a dipping sauce.