|8 cups sliced zucchini|
|2 tbs butter, room temperature|
|2 tbs flour|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|1/2 tbs garlic powder|
|1/2 tbs onion powder|
|1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated|
|1/2 cup bread crumbs|
|4 scallions, sliced for garnish|
You can serve this is a great vegetarian side or main dish.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Boil or steam the zucchini slices until just tender.
- Drain well.
- Add the butter, stir, sprinkle on the flour and stir again.
- Add the egg, garlic, and onion powder along with black pepper and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Mix well.
- Pour the mixture into a casserole dish and top with bread crumbs and the remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes.
- Garnish with sliced scallions.