Italian Barbecued Chicken
- 1 fryer chicken, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 stick butter
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup Italian dressing
- 2 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp basil
- Combine all ingredients except for the chicken.
- Add the ingredients to a small sauce pan and mix until butter has melted.
- Cool then pour the mixture over the chicken parts.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours before cooking.
- Cook chicken over hot charcoal, turning frequently and basting with the reserved marinade.
- Cook for about 1 hour or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.